This is Ryker Island. Not Ryker's name sake just a prison that happens to have the same name. I think that they spell it differently. This picture was conveniently taken from our plane window. (the guy I was leaning over was trying to grab me.... ok it was luke)
Hooray for times square. We ended up here every night just because it is so fun to watch people. Ok and for those of you who know me well~ you know I had way too much fun making fun of the crazy's.
This would be the Brooklyn Bridge. Luke was working so I had to wait for a couple making out to come up for air to take my picture.
This would be the Manhattan Temple. It's so different than temples around here but still a really neat experience. 
If you look really hard you can see our friend Indian George is his purple tighties. HILARIOUS! You just had to be there to really laugh but it's still funny. Just as we took this picture a typical Brooklyn Dude (just picture a guy off the sopranos) said "son of a b**** stole my outfit." I think I peed a little.
We had a blast in NY> Saturday I started to miss Ry a bit but still would love to go back. There is so much to see and do! We saw two shows while we were there. Young Frankenstein (HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend) and Spamalot which was pretty funny but a lot like the movie. Other fun moments include out hotel room. We stayed in a private club. We were expecting posh treatment but found ourselves in a room about the size of a closet. (still nice but TINY) The Italian restaurant Nava..... something or other. To die for good. I will go there a gain! at any cost. I just have to remember the name. And of course the fabulous knockoff purses that I got!
As much as I love NY it made me appreciate home because of the clean sidewalks, cleaner air, and clean mouths. ( i heard the f word enough to last me a life time) besides that NY is somewhere everyone should experience.




3 comments:
I love New York! It looks like you guys had a blast. Totally makes you appreciate how clean it is here.
I have a friend who lives in the high rise next to the temple. If you look out his window you could spit on top of Angel Moroni's head. You know...if you were into that sort of thing...don't worry...I didn't.
OK. Pretty crushed you were 4 hours away and didn't tell me. I guess you'll have to make it up to me and come see me :)
Post a Comment