Sunday, May 17, 2009

Please Help Me

Ok so I'm just putting it out there... By Next summer I'd like to run (or just slightly jog) a half marathon. I believe I can do it if I get my butt in gear. So if you ever see me trying to eat a piece of pizza or ice cream just rip it out of my hands and run because the truth is if I'm actually eating it it already took a lot of self convincing and justification to get that far and I'll probably chase you. Which in turn could help me train more for the whole running thing.....

If anybody would like to join me I'd love it (I know I already have crazy friends and family who are totally in shape~ you are welcome too.) No trendy cute little workout outfits are allowed while training with me~ only your husbands sweats or basket ball shorts. I'm hoping to walk and evenually jog every tues, thurs and sat. (with children mind you) And work out at home (ie pilates, turbo jam, wii fit) every mon, weds, fri. So by all means come join me if youd like!

So if everyone holds me to it~ It just might happen!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

woo-hoo!! good for you! I've enjoyed running, but haven't really had the urge to do any type of race... maybe I'll change my mind by next year :) I definitely like to work out, though! It'd be fun to join you!!

Unknown said...

I want to do it too! Too bad I live in Texas.

I'm in!

Kelly said...

You go girl!! You can do it, I know it!! Good luck training. All the hard work will be worth it!

pam said...

That is awesome, Mallory! You can totally do it! I ran my first half 2 years ago. I was SLOW but I finished. I want to do another one! Let me know when you know what race you're going to sign up for. I need to step it up too, though! I ran just under 2 miles on Friday! Yay!

Michelle said...

I want to run a half-marathon too! I don't know how often we can train together, but maybe we can help motivate each other!

The Christensens said...

I am totally with you! I want to run a marathon soo bad. I am getting agym pass cause Nic wants me to go with him but I am up for going running/jogging with you!

Jeff and Lindsay said...

Way to go Mal! I wish I could exercise with you, I think you will love it. And maybe, just maybe we will be back in Utah next summer and I can join you!!
By the way, what is your home address, I need to send you something!