Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Keeping Our Fingers Crossed

OK so by now most of you know that we are buying a house. Here is the update~ The appraisal happened yesterday and we should hear back either later today or tomorrow. Hear what you ask? No Idea. We are blessed to have awesome people (family whom we love) on our side so basically they are handling everything and we completely trust them. They just call us when they need us to sign something which is fine with me. Although I am so not good at the waiting game. Getting so anxious!

I cannot wait to start painting and making it my own. We've already been to Ikea and I have strategically planned out different consignment stores and Antique shops that we will be hitting just as soon as that tax credit comes in! Know of any good ones???

I am on the hunt for:
A entry-way bench kind of thing... such as THIS
A super cool BIG mirror (can't find picture but I'm tempted to steal the one from my mother-in-laws bathroom and paint- do you think she's notice?)
Any kind of really cool lighting fixtures such as those found at Flour Girl & Dough Boys
ok side note~ if you have not been here, shame on you. amazing, LOCAL, fresh food. Fun atmosphere and like I said cool stuff!
A "Buffet" for my dining room (Yes I will have a separate dining room :)like THIS

I am TOTALLY willing to give anything a face lift! In fact it's more fun that way!

We are really hoping to close on the 11th but the 18th is probably more realistic! The second I get those keys EVERYONE is invited to a really exciting, fun filled, colorful painting party!!! :)

Will post pics just as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you guys! I think you've picked out great things so far - I'm sure Mona Lisa consignment is already on your list but if not its definitely worth adding! If you ever want someone to go with call me! I need to get working on dazzling up our house as well!