Now don't take this the wrong way but I think that I am in love with Drag Queens. I could watch them for hours and never get board. Their mannerisms just kill me. They try SO HARD to be someone they just aren't (although some are pretty good and making you believe otherwise)
Thus was my day 2 in New York. Drag Queens. On times square and in the show I saw- La Cage.
(Why are all queens 6'7'' tall?)
Loved it!!! Most favorite song is HERE. Such a good message and I'm going to start trying to work toward this! And yes I was lucky enough to seethe Tony Award Winning Douglas Hodge perform this roll.
I also ate lunch at an Irish Pub called the Mean Fiddler in Hells Kitchen. Here I asked the waiter what is meant by hells kitchen and then enjoyed an awesome conversation with a big ol' local and the bar tender who was a gorgeously authentic irish girl named Ailbhe (pronounced Alva). Proof that beauty can be held in personality.
So back to the small world thing. I was wondering around a record store near times square when I over heard a lady frantically looking for a snare drum piece of music that her son needed for band camp... blah blah blah...drama drama drama... I finally took a little pitty on the woman and the clueless clerk and offered that I might know someone who could get it for her. Long story short my Father in Law John is now revered by a cute little mom who works at Seseme Street and is sending all his Grandkids seseme street gear.
That night I had our favorite Italian Restaurant (Notaro) delivered and we ate our selves into oblivion watching wipeout in our hotel! Lasagna, minestrone soup, calamri, eggplant, parmesan chicken, spaghetti, conoli, cheese cake, and bread. Mouth watering yet? mine is!
I wonder if they'd ship ?
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment