The next day it was so fun to be able to have Luke with me. We woke up late and were in no rush to get out the door. When we finally did get out the door (we were stuck on some discovery show) we bought our subway passes and headed for China Town and Union Square. Luke was in desperate need for a new brief case and *China Town is were its at.
* China Town Disclaimer- I do not love supporting the Chinese not because I'm *prejudice but because I am American and China is one small problem why our economy SUCKS. However it's CHEAP!
* Prejudice Disclaimer- Chinese people do, however, drive me crazy when they don't pay attention to the line they are standing in, never hold the door open for you, and hurry to cut you off just to take a picture.
It's amazing how my bitter side can bring back so many details.
Anyway we found a eclectic array of souvenirs from a tiffany's bracelet (totally real), Chinese fans, a purse of course, glasses, a ring, T shirts and more I'm sure. This is also after we figured that when they (being the Chinese shop owners) are yelling in the street its at you and they are saying something to the effect of "tiffany, cosh, gabana, prada, han bag, for you, you need" very quickly. And oh yes we found Luke a brief case.
After getting back on the Subway we stopped at Union Square. Now usually I would n't have had a problem walking these distances but I was sick and still rather tired. So anyway we were looking for the BGICT! (Big Gay Ice Cream Truck) supposedly has amazing ice cream and it was hot. But after twittering him we found out that he was taking the rest of the week off :( He didn't even really care that we came all the way from Utah... I wonder why :) Found some fun art, Luke talked to some firefighters, ate some crazy stuffed bread thing, got in a fight over bathrooms at Mc Donalds (bless those girls for standing their ground and, jerk, wherever you were from, may you go somewhere much much furth/er south) and went back to time's square to stand in the TKTS booth for our half price tickets to Rock of Ages. We ate an early dinner at Ellen's Stardust Diner ( where all the servers are aspiring broadway singers and perform for you constantly...) and wondered around waiting for our show start.
Rock of Ages was...well... 110% '80's thru and thru. Pretty raunchy at times but gosh darn hilarious. And that's all I have to say about that.
The next day we flew home... singing 80's the whole way. There was drama at the airport that ended up working in our benefit. (I promise I don't create drama... it follows me I swear) And thanks to my Mom to taught me the tricks to getting well lets just say, getting things "taken care of" at airports. After things were "taken care of" we were mildly entertained by Tracy Morgan who would randomly shout out things at the TV.
And we were home! My amazing Dad had brought the boys to our house and had them in bed by the time we got home and our house was perfectly clean. DALE AND MONIQUE YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
The next day we woke up at 6 am to see the Balloons and meet our foreign exchange student Diego. And the next adventure began...




1 comment:
Dang you're funny!
Post a Comment