Sunday, February 15, 2009

25 Random Things about Me

1. I just completed my very last day at the flower shop. I've been working there for 11 years. It's really bitter sweet. I'm excited to not have to worry about it any more. But it's what I know. For those of you who still need flowers-- no worries, I'm still going to do them on my own. I could go on and on but I won't.

2. Every food that I use to hate as a child I now like EXCEPT olives. Still taste like metal to me... yuck.

3. I try to meditate everyday for at least 10 minutes. It's challenging to get it in but boy do I love it. It helps emotionally and physically.

4. Someday I want to write a book. Either about all my crazy stories of wedding planning and doing flowers (there are CRAZY stories to be told) or about how to have a sense of humor. I sick of people being so gosh darn serious all the time.

5. I have a piece of pencil led stuck in my foot. I stepped on a pencil when I was in high school. I was in the basement when it happened. It looked like it was in really far so I was freaking out a little so I hopped all the way up stairs and out side to my dad. He just reached down and pulled it out. It didn't even bleed but the mark is still there.

6. Although we've always been good friends I can really say as of the past little while that my sister is really my best friend (with the exception of my husband).

7. Because I'm prego-- my favorite food is constantly changing but I still love a good home made taco.

8. I hate French Fries. I don't really like them but for some reason I always eat them if they are available. For that reason I HATE french fries.

9. I love to cook but NEVER follow recipes.

10. I love to make people laugh. I think that sometimes I try to hard and end up looking like an idiot.

11. I'm trying to work on my sarcasm. I think I offend people sometimes... sorry.

12. I truly have the most amazing husband who spoils me rotten. He does the dishes, cleans, laundry.... He's amazing and I love him so much!

13. I really want to have the mole on my cheek removed... it bugs me.

14. After my kids are older I want to take in foster kids.

15. I haven't taken any kid of pill besides vitamins for almost 2 years. And haven't drank caffeine in over 8.

16. Someday I'd love to live out of the country. Possibly the Greek Islands or Prague or somewhere that's not a super tourist-y place.

17. I love organizing my time. I've carried a planner sense I was in ninth grade. I usually plan out my week on Sundays and my BIGGEST pet peeve is being late. I get way stressed out and mad when we are late, that is why I'm usually early.

18. I have successfully done every aspect of a wedding that is possible for me to do-- food, flowers, photography, hair, makeup, decor, cake, I once held a camera for a videographer while he took a break, Bride, Bridesmaid, flower girl, invitations, showers, I have even helped to teach a marriage prep class. It's all kind of funny. And I wonder why people say I should open a real business...

19. Majors that I considered in college: Art History, English, Business (Marketing), Art (photography), Theatre, Law School, Psychology, and the one I ended up with- Music.

20. I have a HORRIBLE memory. Being a music major I'm suppose to have all these music pieces memorized right... WRONG> I wish. I just can't memorize nor remember a lot of details about a lot of stuff. I think I was even diagnosed with an awful memory.

21. My biggest wish/dream is that I could sing. I hear the right tones and all but because of my medical history I'm unable to sing them. That's the one thing that I wish I could change. Seriously I use to cry a lot because I can't sing.

22. I LOVE going to plays and musicals. I know a lot about most of them and have seen most of them. Luke and I try to make it a point to see at least 2 big shows a year. This past year it was Young Frankenstein, Monty Python, Les Miserables, and Footloose. This year we already have our tickets to Wicked.

23. I like shooting guns. Haven't done it in a while but I like doing it. I used to be a good aim... doubt I am now.

24. One of my goals for this year is to do an entire day at the temple. Start with babtisms and go up to sealings.

25. I am completely amazed by a lot of things in this world. One of the main ones is that capacity that we are given to love. I thought that I was pretty in love when I got married. It's amazing how my love still grows for Luke and Ryker. I never emagined how much I would love my children. It might sound funny but it's hard to imagine the ability that we have. I guess it's heavenly father trying to show us how much he loves us. It's an amazing thing to think about. Try thinking about it without getting goosbumps!

6 comments:

Jeff and Lindsay said...

Hey Mal,
I miss you! I know you have had a crazy week, but call me so we can hang out! I love this blog about you, I thought In knew you pretty well, but I've definitely learned a few new things... olives? I had no idea. Love ya Mal.

Rachelle said...

You are funny! By the way...your sarcasm is AWESOME and I hope it never goes away.

Nicole said...

:) It's really fun to read and learn more about you, Mal! I didn't know some of those things... (obviously the point for doing them, so people can learn more about you that they don't already know....but still!)

Mallory Miller said...

AHH I totally forgot the Dog. Thanks Rachelle. 26. I am completely addicted to Dog the Bounty Hunter and will someday join his team. I believe I could be best friends with his wife Beth.

Mindika said...

Mal,
I would love to get together with you and Tabitha. I'm actually much more open these days. I've cut back a little sense having Reese. I would just need a few days notice to block out the time on my calendar. Just let me know what works for you guys. I can't believe you're already having that baby! Time sure fly's. I hope the next few weeks go well for you. I know my last few weeks were the most miserable. But it's all worth it. Let me know if you need anything.

Love,
M.

Taralyn said...

I love your 25 random things!